We take a look at two new-to-market products showcasing powerhouse ingredient rosehip oil.
Trilogy Hydrating Jelly Mask, $38
WHAT IS IT?
Trilogy Hydrating Jelly Mask reimagines Trilogy’s award-winning rosehip oil into jelly – a world first in certified natural beauty.
This whimsical jelly textured face mask instantly cools skin while infusing it with a powerful blend of moisture-boosting natural ingredients, including nourishing rosehip oil, ultra-hydrating hyaluronic acid and moisture restoring New Zealand Manuka honey. The inclusion of refreshing kawakawa extract and aloe vera juice adds an energising pick-me-up which leaves skin feeling refreshed, hydrated and looking noticeably smoother, firmer and revitalised.
Certified natural by NATRUE, Trilogy Hydrating Jelly Mask can be stored in the refrigerator for an extra cooling skincare treat and is suitable for all skin types.
WHAT’S IN IT?
Trilogy Hydrating Jelly Mask key ingredients include:
• Rosehip Oil: Rich in essential fatty acids, rosehip oil is an intensely nourishing and hydrating oil which works to repair and rejuvenate the skin. It is also highly effective in helping to improve the appearance of scars, fine lines wrinkles and stretch marks.
• Hyaluronic acid: This hydrating wonder ingredient has the ability to hold many times its own weight in moisture. Naturally derived from wheat fermentation, it hydrates and helps rejuvenate skin while ‘plumping’ and smoothing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
• Manuka honey: Mineral rich manuka honey helps to replenish moisture levels while restoring elasticity and softness.
• Kawakawa extract: An invigorating pure plant extract sourced from the leaves of the native New Zealand pepper tree, which goes straight to work to cleanse, refresh and stimulate the skin.
HOW DO YOU USE IT?
Apply Trilogy Hydrating Jelly Mask to cleansed face and neck. Allow to absorb for 5-10 minutes then rinse off. For best results use 1-2 times per week to boost your skincare regime.
Biologi Br Organic Rosehip Oil, $29
WHAT IS IT?
Biologi, the brand renowned for its 100% active ingredient skincare, delivers their latest innovation in single ingredients: Biologi Br Organic Rosehip Oil. Honouring Biologi’s promise to provide only high-quality, single-plant ingredient products sourced directly from nature, Br Organic Rosehip Oil offers consumers unaltered, unrefined rosehip oil.
Delivering a potent synergy of oil soluble actives required for skin health, Br is the most effective oil to use in conjunction with Biologi serums, or on its own. Gentle enough to use on sensitised skin types but powerful enough to achieve maximum results, Br oil rejuvenates the skin as it is undiluted and intact.
Biologi Br Organic Rosehip Oil harnesses the pure power of Rosa canina, rich in natural vitamins and essential fatty acids that promote the skins internal hydration and protective processes to support healthy cellular turnover. Rosa canina seed has been chosen for its regenerative botanical activity which most closely resembles the skin’s fatty acid profile. The potent combination of unaltered fatty acids in Br oil provides undiluted and unaltered goodness for your skin, straight from the seed of the plant.
WHAT’S IN IT?
Biologi Br Organic Rosehip Oil active ingredients:
• Linoleic and alpha-linoleic fatty acids: Essential fatty acids naturally occurring in rosehip oil mimic the fatty acids produced in the skin. Applying the unaltered nutrients topically supports healthy cell turnover and promotes natural regeneration processes to leave skin smooth, plump and hydrated.
• Vitamin A: An essential nutrient which works to reduce the visible signs of ageing and promote the integrity of delicate skin cells. Also known as retinol, vitamin A naturally occurring in rosehip oil contains beta carotene making it suitable for sensitive skin types.
• Vitamin E: A potent antioxidant produced naturally in the oil glands. Supporting cell function and overall health of the skin, direct application of active vitamin E enhances the skin’s natural processes leaving cells strong, moist and supple.
HOW DO YOU USE IT?
After cleansing, apply Biologi serum of choice morning and night. Wait for serum to penetrate the skin and apply three to four drops of oil all over the face and neck, massaging gently. Apply as often as needed, for use on all skin types. Biologi Br Organic Rosehip Oil can also be mixed in with your foundation to give it extra moisturising properties.
For more Professional Salon news and updates, subscribe to our weekly newsletter.