Dyson has dropped new stands, colourways, stockists and tricks of the trade for its Supersonic hair dryer, just in time for the festive season.
Following the runaway success of Dyson’s award-winning beauty technologies, for a limited time only a complimentary bonus stand is available when purchasing the Supersonic hair dryer for $599 from Dyson.co.nz and in-store at Sephora and David Jones. The sleek Dyson-designed display stand neatly holds your Dyson SupersonicTM hair dryer and magnetic attachments and is also available for purchase separately at Dyson.co.nz for $109.
Used backstage at fashion weeks in New Zealand and internationally, the Supersonic is a must-have styling technology for some of the most beloved stylists and consumers around the world.
The Supersonic is available in Iron/Fuchsia and Black/Nickel in all stores, while the sleek Black/Purple edition of the award-winning hair dryer is available exclusively from Dyson.co.nz.
Giving New Zealanders greater access to Dyson’s styling technologies, the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer and Dyson Airwrap styler are now available at Smith and Caughey’s and selected Farmers stores, as well as Sephora, David Jones and online at
On trend step-by-step: Festive party season style by New Zealand Dyson Styling Ambassador Michael Beel
The festive party season provides plenty of opportunity to put your best hair forward. Three-time New Zealand hairdresser of the year, Michael Beel, says his go-to look this season is a soft, whimsical French roll, inspired by his look for the Zambesi AW20 show at NZ Fashion Week recently.
“It’s a versatile look that can be worn by anyone. It’s understated, elegant and perfect for impressing your colleagues at the Christmas party or your family at Christmas, or for keeping your hair off your shoulders while you dance the night away at New Year’s Eve. With the Dyson Supersonic, you can create this up-do all while protecting the integrity of your hair. Healthy, shiny hair is always in style.”
1. Begin with damp hair, and prep with a root-lifting mousse
2. Dry in the mousse to create maximum volume using the Dyson Supersonic TM hair dryer with the styling concentrator attachment, giving you a precise airflow for controlled styling. The wide, thin design of this attachment helps for fast, precise styling, and will help you create as much volume as possible
3. Apply a little texturising spray or dry shampoo through the roots. Lightly backcomb at the roots then brush your hair through with a comb to ensure that it is knot-free
4. Gather it into a low ponytail and begin twisting it at the base in a clockwise motion, ensuring you keep everything nice and tight. Once you have started twisting, direct your ponytail upwards and twist in the same motion, this will create the rolled shape
5. Once the shape has formed, secure the top of the French twist with bobby pins
6. If you have longer hair and have hair remaining at the top of the twist, continue twisting in the same direction once the top is pinned, folding the remaining hair over and gently pushing the excess into the pocket behind the twist. Pin to secure
7. Using a texturising spray, encourage any flyaways for a romantic look
8. Finally, set with hairspray, and you’re ready to party the night away